Anyone who has ever been lucky enough to meet or know Karen Hill will agree that her zest for life and love of mountain biking is contagious. It’s hard to hang out with her and not smile!
Although she has always been involved in sports, she has only been mountain biking for just over 3 years. After participating in triathlon, someone at her local bike store challenged her to try mountain biking. And being the girl that she is, she did! And you could say the rest was history!
Since then Karen has jumped into racing and gown as a mountain biker, with her recently ranking top 5 women in most XC races. She has decided to chase her dreams and is embarking on an adventure of a lifetime; spending 6 months months riding and racing overseas, with the goal of making the 2018 Commonwealth Games team.
A few reasons we love Karen;
- She started out mountain biking just like most of us do. Not being able to do everything, not being the best, but loving the adventure!
- Her love for mountain biking and being a better athlete is inspiring
- She has the courage to chase her dreams
- She doesn’t let failure stop her, but uses it to learn and become a better athlete.
- She works hard and even though we don’t see the hard yards, trust me she is training while we are doing the fun things in life.
- She always has time to support others take up mountain biking
But chasing her dreams means she need support, and hence we would like to get behind her and her dreams, and help Karen get overseas. So for the next month 10% of all of sock sales will go towards supporting Karen.
So join us and let’s support not only an amazing athlete but an amazing woman!
“I believe in living a life that sets your soul on fire. We only get one chance at this thing called life. So I’m going to do it my way and encourage as many others to as well (do it their way though). Keeping a healthy mind, body and soul through good nutrition, exercise, adventures and nourishing my soul with yin yoga and meditation, are priorities for me.” Karen Hill